Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TUTORIAL: Ladybug Nails


Oh summer! The loveliness it brings...along with warm breezes, bright days and...BUGS! Here's an ode to my favorite summer bug (ok ok, possibly the ONLY bug I actually don't mind) and what better way to express it than through artistic expression on my nails! This is a fairly simple design once you get the hang of it...why express yourself with a french manicure when you can paint cute & colorful bugs all over your nails!

What you'll need:

- Base coat (I use OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener)
- White nail polish
- Different colors for the ladybugs (blue, red, green, pink, purple, orange, etc.)
- Black nail polish (preferably a nail pen as it's easier to outline)
- Top coat


** As always, I feel the need to mention that it's not necessary to use all the same colors that I do, my tutorials are just for a basic reference to help stir your imagination! You can also use acrylic paints as an alternative to nail polish because there are a HUGE range of colors and each bottle is under $2! BUT, in my personal opinion I feel that nail polish lasts longer and doesn't chip or peel as easy as acrylic paint. **

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment