Saturday, March 5, 2011

REVIEW: White Sands Hairspray & Liquid Texture


Got the bad hair blues? Is your hair flat and dull? Look no further than to White Sands innovations to save the day! I finally broke and decided to do a small haul at Flat Iron Experts to test out the highly recommended White Sands Stuck Up Mega Hold Hairspray & Liquid Texture in Firm Hold. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with both of these products as they definitely live up to their claims.

I have to say I was pretty skeptical when it said that you can brush out your hair without leaving any white residue behind...especially after seeing some of the crazy hairstyles that can be created with the Liquid Texture, but let me tell you this was all true!

I purchased the hairspray for $20 USD on the Flat Iron Experts website, and the Liquid Texture was about $15 USD. Now I'm about halfway in between being a drugstore junkie and a department store addict (meaning I buy drugstore brands about as often as I buy higher-end brands), but with my hairspray addiction...$20 a bottle runs a bit high for me, and considering I go through about a can a month...that definitely adds up! So I did a bit more hairspray hunting after I did this review and found a suitable replacement at a fraction of the cost....wait for it...TREsemme's TRES Two Extra Hhold Hair Spray .

Tres Two runs about $4 a can and has all the great properties that the White Sands hair spray has...

- Firm, yet flexible hold
- It's an Aerosol (I know it's bad for my carbon footprint...but it's an addiction people)
- Brushes out without leaving a white residue

Now when I use hairspray...I OVER use it, so when this Tres Two spray doesn't leave a white residue when you brush it through...trust me when I say it's been tried and tested! Anyways, check out the video for some proof :)

Happy styling!

No comments:

Post a Comment