Tuesday, January 11, 2011

REVIEW: Clinique Brush-on Cream Liner

Deep black eyeliner? Check.
No smudging or raccoon eyes? Check.
Long-lasting & smudge-proof. Check.
Pure awesomeness? Double-check.

In my quest (I seem to have a lot of these I know) to find the perfect eyeliner I've come across many varieties of less-than-perfect eyeliners. For some reason, no pencil will stay precisely lined on my eyes (I line my upper AND lower), the bottom line always ends up smudging or bleeding just a little, yet enough to warrant people commenting "are you tired? You look tired."

I like liquid eyeliners about the same as pencils, instead of smudging, they end up flaking off instead, the lesser of two evils? I think not. So here comes along this "cream" eyeliner promising to do all these fabulous things like being long-lasting and waterproof, but does it live up to all its hype? I vote YES!

I've been able to test this eyeliner in many different environments and situations, and this eyeliner definitely exceeded my expectations in all cases.

Test #1: Hot & Humid Hawaii: During my getaway to Hawaii, this product was the only eyeliner I brought along to line and define my eyes, the hottest day must have hit 30 C, popping in and out of the shade sweating like a pig (wait, do pigs actually sweat?), this eyeliner didn't budge, smudge nor turn me into a raccoon.

Test #2: Swimming (chlorinated water & ocean water): I also ended up swimming in the pool as well as ocean and I'm proud to announce that my eyeliner stay put! Except for when I reached up with my hand and viciously rubbed my eye since it was irritated from the salt water, that action proved to be too much for the eyeliner. While much of the eyeliner was still intact, it did end up smudging around, and when I tried to wipe off the smudged part...I only ended up smudging it more!

Test #3: Snowboarding: I simply can't go snowboarding with absolutely no makeup on, are you insane!? I end up dusting a light coat of foundation on my skin and applying eyeliner. With all my pencil liners and liquid liners, by the end of the day it looks like there really wasn't even a point in lining my eyes, smudging or flaking everywhere, all my hard work was for nothing. Let's see how this cream liner works...after a full day of riding the hill, sweating, and being pelted in the face by wind and snow, this cream liner proved to be a great tool in my makeup arsenel. Stay put the entire time :)

Test #4: The Cry Test: Oh woe is me! I sat through some very teary movies and while I ended up crying and my friends left me for potentially causing a scene, my eyeliner sure stay put the whole time! So long as you aren't rubbing your eyes or disturbing the eyeliner in ways it was not meant to be disturbed, this eyeliner is definitely waterproof in my opinion.

So there you have it folks, tried and tested in the most common situations you'll run into, and 4 out 4 situations, I rate this product as a definite 5!

Just for the record, the only other cream liner/gel liner I've tried is MAC's Fluidline and while I did enjoy that at the time, it doesn't stand up to my Clinique Cream Liner. I also found that MACs Fluidline started to dry out rather quickly, within about a month I had only used 1/4 of the pot and the rest of the product was completely dried out, ugh. In comparison, I'm on my 5th pot of Clinique and have not had a problem with it drying out.

Anyways, this post is getting lengthy so all I have left to say is that I picked this liner up for about $17 CDN and it even comes with its own little eyeliner brush, which, I must say, is not your best bet for lining your eyes with, but it's also not an awful brush if you don't have anything else...I've seen worse free brushes people.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment