Saturday, April 3, 2010

Review on Circle Lenses

Well I’ve realised that this beauty blogging stuff is more work than I originally thought. Especially when it comes to posting videos on YouTube! There’s the initial filming, then watching and editing and cutting, then uploading, then adding annotations, then reviewing…OI. But if people watch it and it actually helps them with any decisions…I suppose it’s worth it then :)

So on to another review…circle lenses! After countless hours of watching YouTube videos, I noticed the eyes (particularly those of the Asian beauties blogging) of some bloggers and became intrigued. Found out that the contact lenses they are wearing are called circle lenses, basically contacts that are larger than normal to enhance the “doll-eyed” look or “anime” look. I WANT! So after reading some recommendations I decided to place an order at Lenscircle.com. They have a special where you get an Anna Sui inspired lens case with the purchase of two lenses so of course…I bought two lenses! Totally worth it in my opinion :)

The order itself arrived roughly a week and a half after I placed my order, here’s a picture of everything after I tore through the package.
Because my order was late by a few days, they ended up including a second Anna sui lens case, woo hoo! Anyways, this is the first type of contact lens of any type that I’ve ever ordered/worn so the install was interesting, took about an hour and a half, I’m sure it would take a personal with normal sized eyes a lot less time, but I’ve come to realise that I have fairly squinty eyes and the lens is bigger than my normal eye opening, took a lot of manoeuvring but finally got the suckers in! I ended up googling a bunch of videos and instructions on how to insert contacts which were semi-helpful, just so you know, care instructions are also included with the lenses for us newbs :)

The lenses are very soft and didn’t feel uncomfortable at all (unless of course you manage to get some debris on the lens when inserting, OUCH!), wore then for about 2 hours so my eyes could get adjusted. I found that they felt a little dry after the first hour or so, put in a drop of solution in each eye and I was fine afterwards. Taking the lenses out were a little challenge because a) I have long nails and b) did I mention my eyes are really tiny?? Thankfully in the Anna Sui lens kit they included some plastic tweezers, used those to prod the lenses out…otherwise I would probably still be wearing them to this day!



Anyways, for those of you looking to wear circle lenses, beware that it’s recommended to keep them in up to a maximum of 6-8 hours. These come with or without prescriptions but in my opinion, are strictly fashion lenses, these lenses aren’t as porous as regular contacts and don’t allow your eye to breathe as much so prolonged use/duration could have some negative effects on your eyes, so on a more serious note, I would advise you to do a little research on circle lenses before you consider them. That said, I LOVE mine! I have the Geo nudey blues, and the Geo angel greens. Below are some pics for comparison of my regular eyeballs with and without the lenses in. I prefer the blues, they look a bit more dramatic and I imagine that’s what I would look like if I were ever a vampire *queue Edward*…enjoy!


Here are the Geo Nudy Series in blue and a comparison with my natural eye and one contact in:






Here are the Geo Angel Series in green and a comparison with my natural eye and one contact in:







No comments:

Post a Comment